Nera River Valley, 4 days guided donkey trek
The Valnerina (Nera River Valley) in Umbria region is one of the Appennine’s most beautiful valleys. Still covered in thick forests the zone touches 2500 metres in altitude. The narrow, harsh upper areas are dotted with castles, bridges, forts and monasteries. Wolves still roam the summit ridges and the area is a genuine “forgotten corner”.
The medium walking time is 5 – 6 hours a day, the ascent / descent is approximately 500 – 600 m. We suggest the trekking for adults and children from 6 years used to trekking in mountains.
Duration: 5 days
Departure: 18/04 - 22/04; 23/06 - 27/06; 01/09 - 05/09
Price: 600,00 eur p.p. in double room; discounts for children
- accommodation (4 nights) in hotel or agriturismo
- donkeys and equipment to carry your bags *
- english speaking guide for the tour
* for additional cost of 140,00 eur you can have a donkey with saddles for your child
- costs of transportation for getting to Valnerina
- anything not mentioned under ‘the price includes’
**The itinerary is only indicative, detailed description and any other information will be available at the moment of confirmation.
Pianciano - Spoleto
Meeting with a guide and trekking from Pianciano to Spoleto. Dinner and overnight in a hotel.
Spoleto - Castel San Felice
Meeting with a guide and trekking from Spoleto to Castel San Felice hamlet and visiting the Abbey of Saints Felice and Mauro. Dinner and overnight in agriturismo.
Castel San Felice - La Macchia
Trekking from San Felice to La Macchia village. Overnight in agriturismo.